Here are multiple books that FORBES recommends social entrepreneurs to read:
- Feel Good and Do Well by Doing Good by Peter Miliewski. Revolves around the lesson of putting philanthropy first and profit second.
- Changing the World Without Losing Your Mind: Leadership Lessons from Three Decades of Social Entrepreneurship by Alex Counts. This focuses on not burning yourself out while creating your social enterprise.
- Thirst: A Story of Redemption, Compassion, and a Mission to Bring Clean Water to the World by Scott Harrsion. This book is about the author’s transformational journey from being a partier to becoming the founder of a charity that has helped provide drinking water to 9.6 million people.
- Design Before You Design: How Organization Innovation Can Empower Social Entrepreneurship by Jacob DeNeui. He focuses on which organizational structure to use based on your unique social mission.
- How to Save the World: How to Make Serving The World The Greatest Game We’ve Ever Played by Katie Patrick. The author explains strategies then proves them through game concepts to explain how to transform your ideas.
Power, R. (2019, June 30). Best Books for Social Entrepreneurs. Forbes. https://www.forbes.com/sites/rhettpower/2019/06/30/best-books-for-social-entrepreneurs/?sh=3f0d425816fa.